Tuesday, March 16, 2010

"If I Had Three Wishes"
By: Rowena S. Peñascosas

It was a hot afternoon when I was walking by the street on my way home. I'm tired. without any peso on my pocket. Really I am. I sat by a nearby mango tree when suddenly an old woman appears. "I'm starving and thirsty... can I have a piece of bread?"
Without thinking twice I rendered her a piece of Fita biscuit and an almost bottled water. "Manang, I want to give these to you! Sorry for I know that it is not enough. But somehow I am hoping that it will ease your emptied stomach." I said.
"Thanks to you young lady! because of your good did I will give you three wishes!" replied by the old woman.
"Oh! common... Is it like the old commercial?!Ha!ha!ha! Give me a break Madame... For sure it was just a result of your emptied stomach."
Just as I said a bright light came out of the woman's body and in just snap of fingers the old woman turned to be a beautiful and enchanting lady.
I winked my eyes.
"And so, do you believe in me? What is your first wish?" the fairy asked me.
It's a long thinking time... After a few hours had passed, " My first wish is to change nothing!" I said.
"What?!!!" the fairy wondered about my first wish. "Oooopsss.... wait madame my second and third wish is to let my life goes the way God wanted it! nothing more nothing less" and I turned my back to the fairy with tears of joy.
The fairy I leaved is puzzled with my wishes.

On my humble home; there my son and my husband waits. A sincere kiss and hug from them made my life complete. Nothing more nothing less. God blessed me with all the troubles and suffering in life. That's life, a real life. Life would not be a real life without any spices of troubles and hardships. And I thanked God for that. I was also blessed by a happy home. As for myself, I am contented with what I have. I may not be perfect but God created me wonderfully. My life will not be perfect but God made it with a twist.

No comments:

Post a Comment